The G1000 MFD map orientation is stuck on "north up". I would like to change this to "heading up". Is this possible?
You can follow this procedure to achieve this:
- Press Shift-2 to bring out the MFD.
- Click on Menu
- Click on ENT
- On the FMS knob, place the mouse cursor on the outer side of the knob (until the + sign appears on the cursor, tooltip should read "Outer Knob Inc") and click until the cursor is placed on the "Orientation" label.
- Place the mouse cursor on the inner side of the FMS knob (tooltip should read "Inner Knob Inc").
- Click and a smaller options menu should appear.
- Use the knob to select "HDG UP".
- Press ENT.